The first stage would involve deciding on the business entity type you’re going to go with. Each entity has its own compliance requirements, benefits and tax structure. You must choose one based on what will work best for your business structure.
For local entrepreneurs, your options consist of Sole Proprietorship, Limited Liability Partnership or General Partnership. If you are a foreigner, you can choose between a locally incorporated company, or a foreign-owned company. Foreigners may also opt to go with the Private Limited Company entity, representative office or Labuan company.
The company incorporation procedure can be completed through the following steps:
- Filling out the incorporation form.
- Paul Hype Page can assist with the name search check and revert within 24-hours.
- If available, your chosen name can be reserved once payment has been made.
- Search for a suitable business premise.
- Prepare a registered office address location.
- Prepare your incorporation documents
- Once SSM has approved, the full set of registration documents must be submitted.
- Incorporate the company with SSM.
- SSM will inform you once the Issuance of Notification of Incorporation is ready.
If you intend to relocate to Malaysia to run your business, you will need to arrange for your work permit. Bayabumi Accountancy Services can provide assistance with that.